Fun Fact: Whenever I need to just let my mind breathe, I actually like to bake. I've been looking for a good donut recipe to try, so if you guys know of any, shoot them my way! So these donuts are actually super easy to make and are made out of a puff pastry so they're light and airy! They're like mini cronuts. I'm kinda obsessed and glad that I found this recipe on pinterest! Pinterest seriously has everything. Haha.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Box of Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO MAKE THESE BOMB DONUTS:
- Defrost the puff pastry in the fridge,
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a frying pan, make sure the oil is heated up to 375°F
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and brush on half the beaten egg on one side of the puff pastry. The carefully fold the puff pastry back to how it originally was in the box. Set aside, and repeat this with the other puff pastry that is in the box.
- Using a mini donut cookie cutter, cut out 3 donuts from each pastry sheet.
- Once the oil is at 375°F, place two donuts at a time and fry on each side until golden brown. The oil should start sizzling once you put the donuts in, if it doesn't then the oil isn't hot enough. Once you finish frying the rest of the donuts by twos, you can throw in the donut holes all together.
- After you fry each donut, sprinkle them with the granulated sugar so that it sticks to the donut. Repeat this to all the donuts.
- In a saucepan, throw in the berries with a splash of water and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes until berries can easily be mashed. Pour the berries in a bowl, and add the powdered sugar and whisk together. This mixture should be a little thick, if it's too thin, you can add more powdered sugar.
- Use a spoon and top your donuts with the glaze and enjoy!